Location: Old Cantt Rd, Gobind Garh Fort, Amritsar, Punjab

Gobindgarh Fort earlier known as Bhangian Da Kila (Bhangis was one of the 12 Sikh Misles) is located in the South-West of Amritsar was built in 1760. Associated with the Sikh warrior king Maharaja Ranjit Singh, Gobindgarh Fort was built by the army of Gujjar Singh Bhangi of Misl. Later in 1805-09, it was rebuilt by Lion of the Punjab, Maharaja Ranjit with the help of Jodh Singh and he strengthened the fortification of the fort in order to keep his treasures and treaties in safety. It is believed that the fort has a hidden underground tunnel that opens towards Lahore.


The fort was constructed with brick and lime with numerous army bastions and iron gates with 25 cannons on the ramparts.. The fort was constructed on a square pattern with a parameter of 1500 sq mt with two strong gates, four large bastions and well-defined rampart. The majestic entrance has been named Nalwa Gate, after the great Sikh warrior. Fort has a magnificent design and architecture.
The British authorities undertake Gobindgarh fort in 1849. They added the Darbar Hall, Hawa Mahal and the Phansi Ghar to the fort. Later October 1948, the Indian army took control of the fort. After separation, it offers a temporary protection to a large number of immigrants from Pakistan.
On December 20, 2006 , Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had handed over keys of the historic fort to then Chief Minister of Punjab Capt. Amarinder Singh and Chief Minister of Punjab Capt. Amarinder Singh declared to open the Forh for general public and tourists.