The Bahadurgarh Fort is 6 kilometers away from Patiala city. It is situated on the Patiala-Chandigarh road. The fort was constructed by Nawab Saif Khan in 1658 A.D and later renovated by a Sikh ruler Maharaja Karam Singh in 1837. The construction of the entire fort was completed in eight years. A sum of ten lakh rupees was spent on its construction. It covers an area of 2 sq.kms. The fort is enclosed within two rounded walls and a moat. The circumference of the fort is slightly over two kilometers.
The name Bahadurgarh fort was given by Maharaja Karam Singh as a tribute to the Sikh Guru Teg Bahadur who stayed here for three months and nine days before leaving for Delhi. The fort consist of a historical Gurdwara Sahib (a Sikh temple) named Gurdwara Sahib Patshai Nauvin.This Gurudwara shows fine Sikh architecture. This gurudwara is controlled by the Shiromini Gurdwara Prabhandak Committee. People visit this gurdwara on the occasion of the festival of Baisakhi on April 13, every year.
A mosque is also present in the fort. It was built by Saif Khan in the year 1668. The tomb of Saif Khan is situated 300 yards away from the fort. In the memory of Saif Khan a fair is organized during June and January. It is named as Mela Roza Sharit Nawab Saif Ali.
No doubt the town of Bahdurgarh has a rich historical background but nowadays it is better known for the Milk Food and Escorts factories. These industries provide plentiful employment opportunities to the local residents.